Friday, June 4, 2010

The best present ever!

In my first post, I mentioned that getting pregnant was on my list of "things to do" and guess what...we were successful!  I am now 12 weeks along and we are looking forward to meeting our new addition in mid December!

Being pregnant at 30 is a little different than being pregnant at 17 when I was preggo with Kaelani.  In the words of my brother-in-law, "You're not the whipper snapper you once were."  I admit, this is so true.  I barely had symptoms with Kaelani and felt great the whole time.  I LOVED being pregnant.  And now that I've waited 12 years to do it again, it is not the same so far.  Not that it's been horrible, but I can definitely tell the difference between my pre-preggo bod and the body that is now busy producing another human being...

Energy level:  Has decreased dramatically.  I really have lost motivation to do most things-cooking, cleaning, even picking up the remote... I've become lazy (hence the blah blah blogging as of late).  It's bad.  A radical departure from a few months ago.  But I have John and Kaelani to thank because they have been troopers and are picking up the slack.  Crossing my fingers I gain some energy during my second trimester.

Nap time:  Wow.  When am I not napping?  I love my sleep but this is too much even for me.  I feel tired and look tired ALL the time.  There have been nights I've parked my butt on the couch and have only gotten up to use the bathroom.  Meals would even get served to me on the couch...

Running:  I think my pace dropped just as soon as those two little pink lines appeared on my home pregnancy test indicating a positive result.  And darn...just as I was getting faster.  I continue to run, taking it easy, trying not to let my heart rate get out of control and taking breaks as needed.  My new mantra is-"My goal is to have a healthy baby and pregnancy, not to set a PR." I am running a half marathon this weekend so wish me luck on getting to the finish line safely!

I have been lucky enough to escape morning sickness so far but did suffer a bout of headaches that lasted for about a week.  I'm trying to maintain healthy eating habits while giving into some of my cravings but that at times can be challenging.  Other than that, so far so good!  Our baby is growing just as he/she should be and we are SO very happy and excited-especially Big Sis...who has proudly declared the baby her Christmas present...and "the BEST present ever!"

1 comment:

  1. wow i admire u..if i were preggo, i'd hire a maid lol. good job with the half-marathon btw...u still got it! and i'm sure u still look just as hot..go shopping for some cute maternity outfits :)

    ReplyDelete